The Swiss Army knife is a wonderful multi-tool. Whether you need a knife, a screwdriver, or a bottle opener, the Swiss Army knife has your back.
Your auto insurance policy can be a lot like a Swiss Army knife. It may not be able to cut the tape off that Amazon box, but it has a great set of tools to deal with the many coverage options for incidents that can happen to you and your car.
Curious about what helpful tools might be available on your policy?
Check out these great options:
- Roadside assistance - A lifesaver when your car breaks down. Help is just a phone call away, or a text if you have your insurance company’s phone app.
- Rental reimbursement - Pays for the loaner you need when your vehicle is in the shop.
- Uninsured motorist - Provides coverage if the other person has no insurance.
- Excess electronics - Your premium speakers need premium protection.
- Gap coverage: Due to a car’s tendency to depreciate quickly, this coverage will pay for the gap if you owe more on your auto loan than the value of your totaled vehicle.
- Replacement coverage: This coverage pays to replace your totaled vehicle with a brand-new one of the same make and model.
Next time you’re in an automobile bind, one of the above might make all the difference. Talk to your agent to see if you have these coverages or to add any of these coverages. Make sure your auto policy has your back just like a Swiss Army knife.